Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Our special girls turn 2 years old today. Last night we had a Birthday party for them. It was so fun. For a while I was trying to figure out the theme and what they would like. I found this ducky cake on ebay and new it was meant to be! My girls love ducks, they say quack quack all the time, and it was their first sound. I was so excited to make it and then bring it out to them. They loved and and started saying "quack, quack". What they loved even more was blowing out the candles, I think we did it four times! Their little faces were so cute! (sad no pictures of it).


Their best friend Jacey was able to come, and little Jaclyn. Also most of Jonathan's family and My Mom and brother. It was so fun! All these little kids running around, I actually really enjoyed it! And all the presants they received were so perfect, we just love them all, and thank you all so much for such kindness!The beheaded duck!!! Ahh, me and my Mom had a good laugh at this. The girls got to eat the head...but didn't want too much of it. They just liked the fruit Grandma brought! :)


How thankful I am for my daughters. Truley everytime I think of them and the blessing they are in my life, I start to get teary eyed. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for them...but it just doesn't feel enough. They are really the sweetest spirits, they make me laugh, they are such a joy to be around. I can't believe 2 years ago today they were brought into this world so healthy and whole, which is more than I could every ask for! My sweets I love you!

9 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

the very top picture is way to perfect. I love it. The cake is amazing. Looks like a fun time. Your girls are so beautiful and are so lucky to have you as their Mom.

Emily said...

They are SOO cute!! Jeffrey got the cutest pictures of the girls with Jonathan looking at the cake i think. they're not blowing the candles out though, but it's really really cute. i'll have to get them to you! Do you want me to send them to you as they are now, or can Jeffrey perform his magic on them? Or both? The party was so fun, thanks for inviting us. Jacey had a blast!! And he wanted to go upstairs all day today...too bad he's soo sick!!

Mandy said...

I love that cake. My cousin had one like it for his little boy on his first birthday. I feel the same about Tanner. He's such a blessing. It looks like you had a lot of fun. It's funny how we put so much effort into the cake the first year or two and they don't seem as excited as we hope they will be. But at least they enjoy it somewhat. Happy 2nd birthday to your cute little girls!

Alysha Sladek said...

happy birthday girls!! i can't believe they're 2 already! man that went fast ;) looks like a lot of fun! great job on the cake... looks awesome!!

Dick Family said...

Happy Birthday Girls! That picture of the girls hugging is SO cute! So precious! They are just the sweetest little girls EVER! Awesome job on the cake Crystal - it looks awesome!

Mhanson said...

What a great cake. They grow up so fast but it is so fun to see each step along the way.

Ryan + Jess said...

That cake is AMAZING! You are very talented. And your girls are adorable!!

Allison said...

That cake sure looks fun! I'm glad you had a good birthday party!

Kearl Klan said...

Great job on the cake! Time sure flies hey? They are beautiful girls, just like their mommy. It's so fun to celebrate birthdays, but sad at the same time! Looks like they had fun though.