Thursday, December 7, 2006

In Memory of David Boyer - My Grandpa


"And all they who have mourned shall be comforted...Therefore, let your hearts be comforted...for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." (Doctrine and Covenants 101:14,16)



"Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection-Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." (Alma 40:11)
My Grandpa passed away today. I will miss him greatly, expessially his smile. He was a wonderful Grandpa, and I am so glad he was able to see my children. I love these pictures, and they will hold such wonderful memories...it is such a blessing to have them. He was old and had lived a wonderful life. I am so greatful for the gospel in my life to understand and know what happens after this life. I know he will be with my Grandma now, and find peace and rest to his soul. I know that God lives and loves us, and will comfort us in our times of sorrow. That is why I love these scriptures...that bring me such peace. I know his heritage will live on with many grand and great grandchildren, who loved him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am so sad to see him go. Crystal just informed me and i feel for everyone invloved. It is hard to see someone you love go but i know that we will all see each other again in a happier and exalted state with our Father in Heaven. My heart goes out to all.

I love you Crys.

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Crystal. I hope you and your family are doing well. That's so nice that your grampa was able to see your little girls. If there's anything you need please don't hestitate to call.

bigjonnyg said...

So sorry to hear the news. I hope you are all well. If there is a church bookstore up there you should find the book called "The Message" by Lance Richardson. I konw you'd love it. I found it very enlightening and brings an added level of peace about the life to come.

Wish you and your famiy the best.

Jon Gilchrist & Family.

Laura Leavitt said...

I am sorry Crystal.I hope you are feeling ok. That is nice he was able to see your beautiful girls. We are thinking of you.

Melinda Palmer said...

I'm sorry to hear that Crystal. The pictures you have are beautiful of him and your girls. My heart goes out to your family.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry Crystal!! :( Even though it was something that you were aware was going to happen, it still is hard to lose someone you love. Those pictures are so wonderful!! My sister, Becky LOVES the pictures she got of her little baby girl and my grandma just days before she died. So precious! By the way...when is the funeral? I love you!!!

Fawns Family said...

We hope you and your family are doing well Crystal. Isn't wonderful to have the gospel! It is still hard but great hope for the life to come. The Fawns family

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that we got that picture of grandpa and the girls so soon before he went I guess that was one way he would remember my birthday!! Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Thank you Crystal for putting this up. It expresses what I feel too. I love you and I love Grandpa, and I think that he would love these pictures and the scriptures.

Jess