Wednesday, February 14, 2007

How Jonathan Spoiled Me










So at Christmas Jonathan gave me a card that said that one of the presents he had for me was too big to fit in the car. When I got home there was a ribbon on our bedroom door and I walked in to find this! Jonathan and I, since we've been married have been sleeping on my parents mattress they got when they were first married like 30 some years ago...and we never had a frame for it. We slept on the box spring on the floor and then 2 mattress stacked up. Lovely. As well we had my sweet little dresser that was white with pink handles to complement our rustic bed! Well I have always wanted a headboard and this type of plateform frame...but we have not had the money to do so. Well anyway...again I came home to this thinking he had went out and bought it for me...but to make it so much better, Jonathan made all this! He is really good a building things and while the girls and I were down in Calgary for a week before he came down to join us for Christmas, he was up here working hard every night making the bed and painting it, and for the dresser he just repainted it and put new handles on it. He even got all the accesories for the room! Could there be any sweeter of a man! All in all it cost way less than anything we could buy, and it truly was so special to me to have my husband to something so thoughtful and so to my likeing. What was so awesome is he totally nailed it, I have never told him exactly what I have wanted only a concept...and he truly got it perfect! I now just can't wait to finish the room off with some pictures. What a great present!


6 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow-that is so amazing. I love it. It looks so nice, what a great guy. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

this is Laura, I am at my firend Ashleys house and it camae up as the cahoon family.

Emily said...

oh my GOSH!!! That is amazing! I am so impressed at Jonathan, not that the sweetness of it all doesn't surprise me...that's totally Jonathan. It looks so great! And it totally would have been everything that you would have picked out for yourself! Good work Jonathan! And Crystal..I know how happy you must be with it. I bet you always make your bed and you always want to be in the room! I would!

Emily said...

plus...I've never seen a bed frame like that. How cool!! Do you feel like a medieval princess? How fun!!

Alysha Sladek said...

what a great surprise!! looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

OOh, so beautiful!! Awesome job Jonathan! I can't believe that's the same little white dresser we always had!! So cute! Love the bamboo stuff! Totally trading spaces!
Call ya later
Love you all
Jess