Thursday, October 18, 2007

Girly Weekend with my Mom







So my Mom came up last weekend, and we went to this really nice hotel and stayed over night there in this really neat room. As you can see....we felt like princesses in our bed, it had this beautiful lace draped over the four post bed! It was so nice! Then in the morning we got up for our "Spa day" which I have never done and was sooo excited. We went to this really nice spa, and had aroma therapy steam, massages, then a pedicure and manicure! It was so nice. This was my Mom's presant to me for graduating, cause she couldn't be there when I did, cause she was sick. So we finally got to do this, which was so nice and fun. The best though, was she gave me this little book called "I hope you dance" and it has the cd and the word's to that song, and the girl who sings the song says why she loved this song so much cause she says, "If they [her children] understand the meaning of this lyric when they're grown, I'll have done my job as a their mother" And my mom said that is how she feel's. So nice, it was very special. So appropriatly I have this song playing as you read. Thanks mom, for a wonderful weekend, and for being the best Mom ever! You have always taught me to dance, literally and in life, you have more than often been the beat to which I keep moving too. Thank you. I love you!

5 comments:

Dick Family said...

WOW - how nice for you and your Mom to have a get-away! That hotel looks amazing! I've never had a manicure/spa treatment either...I'll have to do that one day! Thanks for your posts! Hope you, jonathan and the girls are doing well. We'll for sure have to get together soon - I'll facebook you our days that work.

Alysha Sladek said...

what a great way to celebrate graduating!!! looks (and sounds) like you guys had a wonderful time!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness!! What a fun day!!!!! I KNOW how much you must have loved that! How fun for you and your mom! Looks like heaven!! And such a nice break for you! What a treat!

Laura Leavitt said...

that looks like so much fun. What a fun thing to do together. WEll your Mom did a good job because if there is anyone who knows how to live life it is you. What a fun post. I love the Leanne Rhymes song. Such a good one.

Laura Leavitt said...

I mean Lee ann Womack....lol