Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Big Day...and after





OHhhhhh what do I say. It was such a joyus day! That rhymes...anyway..... oh my I better stop. So first family came up and we all went to Jonathan's Convocation. Congrat's Honey, we love you and are soooo proud! He graduated with "distinction"!!! So good. And then we rushed home to have Jonathan's favorite meal, fall off the bone ribs with mashed potatoes and ceasar salad. Then I suprised him with his favorite treat, DQ's ice cream cake. Then we all rushed to Calgary, dropped the girls off at home to go to bed, then rushed to the airport....to crazy wait to for the arrival of Jordan! It was tooo exciting I forgot to take pictures...sad :( But oh it was awesome. We had family and friends there. And my mom had made these crazy signs that no one could read, but there was like 12 of them on stakes that everyone held up. We were really a spectical to be seen, and everyone had gathered round us to see what was going on. Then Jord came out and everyone was screaming and clapping. It was sooooo awesome! I was sooooo happy and excited, I can never say how proud I am of my brother. I love him so much! And anyone who knows him, love him....you just can't help but too! So we spent the rest of the week there and we had lot's of fun. So neat for him to finally see my girls. And so fun to talk and laugh with him again. What joy to be had in your family!

9 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like it was a great week. i bet jordan was excited to see your girls. how fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey this was really nice.

Thanks so much.

Jonathan

Dick Family said...

Awesome! Congrats to Jonathan and to your brother as well...what special times!

Laura Leavitt said...

what a fun busy week. Congrats to Jonathon. When Darren graduated he was plannign on going back so we didn't end up goign to his convocation...plus we were in Arizona......it sounds like a neat experience. That is so great to have your brother back. I can't beleive how grown up he is. He will be a heart breaker. NOw that you are a teacher I always wonder if my speelign mistakes stand out to you....I am so bad a typo's

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! Just love these pictures especially Jonathan & his Mom!! What a proud day for her that was, and for all of us...so proud of you Jonathan...fantastic!!!
That picture of Jordan & Brianna...oh I love it! So cute and Jordan's smile...wow!
It was quite the day, one we'll cherish forever!!
Love ya, Mom :)

Emily said...

So wonderful!!! Congratulations Jonathan!!! I am so happy for you! You are such a good example to me! And Jordan...he is even more handsome if that is possible! I love the pictures of him with your girls! How exciting for him to meet them! It looks like they just love him! Is Jordan speaking in church anytime soon? Jeffrey and I want to go hear him and see him!

Emily said...

p.s. i love your hair crystal!!

Jeni said...

Oh how fun! I have a few things to say here quick.
1. I dont beleive you had twins and look that great! You are my inspiration!
2. I was looking at pictures of your brother on his mission and the one picture with him and 2 other elders, the third picture I believe... I totally went to college with the guy on the right. I was REALLY good friends with his room mate so I saw him all the time. I know you probebly dont care, but I thought it was kinda crazy!

Kearl Klan said...

Congrats Jonathon! What a big day for him. A big week for your family, just in time for Christmas!