Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Weekend


Grandma and Grandpa, came over yesterday for Mother's day and to celebrate the girls birthday (I am going to be going backwards through the weekend). They brought these pretty presants, which happened to be little bikes for the girls! They were soooo excited!

So I took the girls shopping with me a while ago to pick out their cake, and they picked the Little Mermaid one, cause she is a "Barbie" and they love all the Disney princessess but call them Barbie. Anyway, so I made the cake, and of course it fell completly apart, so none of the detail on the front was there, I just mushed it all on top, then froze it, then iced in, then froze again. When I went to decorate, I had to go from the picture, which was hard. So needless to say, she turned out to be kind of a funny looking Ariel. But not too bad. The girls loved it, and went straight into digging their little hands into her. It was so fun, and cute!


I had to post all of these, cause the girls were just toooo cute!!! Seriously sometimes I don't know what to do with myself cause I can't get enough of them. Anyway, this was on Friday, their actual Birthday, we took the girls swimming, cause they LOVE to swim. And they had so much fun and were so excited. After we went out to BP's and celebrated there. This was all just us little family.
I love these pictures, it was at the pool, the girls were trying to show me they are "3", with Daddy helping. And the one of all of us is so fun! We had a blast.

And yes, this is big fat me at 8 months!!! I just want this baby out so bad, but it looks like I might be going full term anyway, so forget that other message. I think the one doctor I had was a little wacko. Oh well. I just don't want him to be tooo huge. We'll see what happens. None the less, I am SOOOO excited for him to come, I just can't wait to hold a little baby that is mine again!

Isn't she just a beautiful girl!
Both of them, are just such pretty girls...and let me tell you they are GIRLS! They love wearing pretty dresses, and they are so dainty. I love it! :) I had to add these cause they are so cute, and cause it was one of the first times they let me do their hair, and I love that Elayna's hair is long enough to braid now, yipee! We sure had a fun weekend, and can't believe my babies are 3. They grow up so fast. So grateful for these 2, how much I love them! :)

7 comments:

Dick Family said...

Awesome job on the cake, I don't think she looks weird, you did a great job!!! You're right, your girls are adorable! What fun!!! Good luck on getting that baby out, hopefully he comes sooner rather than later...it's never fun to go past the due date when you're used to going early...believe me, I know!

Emily said...

brianna's straight up in the air pigtails are crazy!! haha! cute braids elayna! happy birthday! i can't believe they're 3! wow! sounds like a FUN birthday, i love the dancing in the bathing suits picture! they are so cute together! crystal the only thing fat about you is your belly, everything else is the exact same as always! you punk! :) and your cake is amazing, i love the hair! i am very impressed. one day you will have to teach me your ways! maybe next time though you should do ariel's toes. ;D how fun that the girls got bikes! what a great gift! awesome post, i love the ones full of pics and stories!! :)

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girls! And Happy mother's day to you!
That cake was awesome! Way better than I could do. Bikes are a great gift. Tanner loved his first bike and still rides it sometimes. It's a Thomas the Train bike. You are a beautiful pregnant woman. Some women don't look all that wonderful when they're pregnant. Have you picked out names yet?

Anonymous said...

Your cake turned out great. Princess faces are hard to do, trust me, Cinderella looked a little freaky at Emily's party. And I agree with emily, you are so not fat, you are ALL baby! It's beautiful. Love you Jess

Allison said...

Your girls are so cute! Yay for being three! It's a fun age.
You look great by the way! I'm scared to post any pregnancy pictures of me. I've gained at least 50 lbs!

Alysha Sladek said...

cute. happy birthday girls! hard to believe they're 3! so fun! i bet they had a fun birthday too. sure sounds like it :)
hope that baby comes soon for you. the last little bit is one of the hardest parts. good luck with everything and let me know what i can do to help.

Karen said...

I think your cake turned out sooo cute! Anyone who can decorate with icing is talented in my book! Good luck with your up coming addition, I can't wait to see how cute a Lee baby boy will be! Your girls are going to LOVE him so much. Good Luck Crystal!!