Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Baby Boy!!!

Wow, what a ride this past month has been. I am soooo excited to be all done and have my family home with me. This is our beautiful baby boy, Taylor Raymond Lee. Born May 30th 2009 at 1:17 pm. He weighed 9.1 lbs. Yes...big boy. I went into labor while we were at the hospital with Brianna. She had her second surgery on the Thursday May 28th, we stayed over that night and she had to stay friday night as well. That is when the contractions began. I didn't think they were contractions, cause it was all in my back. It hurt so bad, I finally had to wake up Jonathan and have him go get me a hot press, (thankfully we were in a hospital). So once he did, he started counting for me and told me after 20 min, that they were 3 min. apart. So we finally decided to go. We got a wheelchair to roll me down, drove the 2 min, to get to the foothills hospital and went to triage. I had already been twice, bytheway, for false labor, that is why I so didn't want to go until I knew it was it. And it was, they got me my I.V. right away. The contractions were so bad, and the nurse told us it was because he was posterior....meaning face up. And contractions are way worse when that is the case. She suggested a hot shower...well that was heaven sent, I didn't even feel my contractions in there. I never wanted to get out. Anyway...I should make this shorter. I went pretty quick, the epidural was great, even though he had to poke me twice...didn't even feel it. All of a sudden I was 9 cent. and even though I didn't feel any contractoins till then, I started to feel major pressure and pain, and I was ready to push. I pushed for about 25 min. felt absolutly everything...thought I was going to die, and tried to get up and leave! But it was all done real quick, thank heavens, and I had my little boy. The first 2 pictures are the proud daddy and grandma, who were both there with me, and I would not have been able to do it without them. They were sooooo wonderful! Then 2 of the 3 Grandpa's. As some of you know, he had to stay at the hospital for 5 days, cause he had "nemothorax's" which are small air bubbles between the lungs and chest wall. He wasn't breathing very well. There were some other issues as well, that needed to be sorted out. So the other pictures are with his daddy with the IV in his head. Soooo sad, they had to move that one and thy poked him 9 times to get a spot, and it was only in for another couple hours. They also had to shave almost his whole head to do that, when in the end he didn't need it after all. I was livid, I couldn't stop crying. Anyway, not really that important. After is pictures of his big sisters...one stubborn one, one grumpy one. Ahhh the joy, they are sooo funny! Then the big day when we get to go home! I was elated! So happy to have him home. He is just a doll, and I seriously can't get enough of him, I just kiss him all day long. Well sorry that was so long. It has been a long journey. But he is healthy, and Brianna, will hopefully be soon. We just feel so blessed to have this family that we do!

13 comments:

Jessica Dean said...

Your blog is beautiful. I couldn't be more happy for you to have all your children home with you. They are all so beautiful and I can't wait to hold and kiss them. These pictures are so special. Love you forever. I'm so grateful you're my sis xoxox

Julie G said...

Yeah! You did it! I think women need to be celebrated more for giving birth. I'm so happy for you guys. He is such a beautiful baby! And Yeah that everyone is home. Congratulations!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats you guys!! We are so happy for you. He is such a beautiful BIG boy. :) You are an awesome mom Crystal and I love seeing your blog to see how you are all doing.

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats! i'm glad you're all home and doing well. thanks for the pictures! let me know if you need anything.

Jolanda said...

I can't even tell you HOW excited I am that you named him Taylor. Yeah, another boy Taylor in the world!!! He is so handsome. I love that last picture, such nice eyes. My little Easton also had to get the IV in his head, so sad to see them go through that. I hope that his and Brianna's health all are well!

Dick Family said...

YEAH!! Congratulations!!! How exciting! Sorry to hear you had a few complications, but all is well now and you've got a beautiful boy to prove!

Laura Leavitt said...

SO exciting. Taylor is so cute. He loosk like such a little boy. Your hpsoital story sounds really similar to my last one. They alwasy have to give the epidural atleast twice to get it right. That is so sad about them shaving his head. I would have cried too. I Am glad you are all home and doing well. The picture of all of you at the family is awesome. You are beaming. I am so excited for you and your beautiful family.

Karen said...

Congratulations Crystal!! He is beautiful. You did great!!

David and Cheryl said...

Way to go Crystal and Jonathan! Our family is very happy for you and excited too! We know he was truly blessed to arrive into a wonderful home like yours. Congratulations!

-Love,
The Walkers

Anonymous said...

I love to see these pictures bringing back the memory of that special day and soooo glad I was able to share it with you to be there and hold your hand thru it all! You were amazing! and Jonathan too, very kind and so supportive. He's is such a beautiful boy, so perfect and he's blessed with exceptional parents! Love ya...Mom

Mandy said...

Congratulations! It's so nice to hear that you are all home. How was Brianna doing? I love his name! Tanner had to have IV in his head too when he was born. It's so sad : ( but it helped him because all the other places they poked didn't work so I understand what you feel. You all look so happy.

Sarah Lee said...

Chrystal, Oh my goodness, I haven't been on my or anyone elses blogs for months so I had no idea about all that you guys were going through. Our hearts go out to you and we pray that all will go well with Brianna. It is great to hear about your little Taylor! I am so happy for you all. We love you and will be praying for you. Hope to see you all soon. Love, Gord and Sarah.

Meagan Cooper said...

Congrats on your handsome new addition! Hopefully everyone is feeling well. You have a beautiful family!